I came up with this mantra today before I attended a memorial service: life requires friends.
It's simple, which I like. But it says so much, too. It is friends that get us through the lowest, most trying times in our lives. It is friends which make the most joyful, most memorable moments as such. I would hardly consider what I have experienced life were it not for the presence of my friends (family being a given).
I was fortunate enough to head out to a bar for a few hours with a few friends from high school. We didn't do much other than sit around and waste time together, a la the message from The Little Prince. The little moments in life are hard to appreciate alone; you need people there to give them importance. So while I suppose an exact mantra would read "a fulfilling life requires friends," I'm just going to assume that all people hope for a fulfilling life--loosely defined by yourself--and leave it as a simple rule: Life requires friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment